Chappaqua AYSO is committed to developing youth and adult referees. We provide all the training and support you need to take charge and keep the game safe, fun and fair.
*** Email us at email@example.com with any questions!
Regional Referee Training
For: Youths (12yrs old and up) and Adults interested in becoming a referee
What you need to do (this looks much harder than it really is):
- Register as a volunteer on Sports Connect: Register yourself or your child as a volunteer. Follow the registration instructions here.
- Take the three online Safety Awareness classes: Go to AYSO U from the Sports Connect “Volunteer” section, click on “Training Library” and view the courses under the “Safe Haven” category. We recommend parents review these courses along with their child due to some of its content. Enroll in and complete these classes and save your Certificate of Completion:
- AYSO’s Safe Haven – Online
- CDC Concussion Awareness – Online
- Sudden Cardia Arrest – Online
- Regional Referee Training Course: Go to AYSO U from the Sports Connect “Volunteer” section, click on “Training Library” and view the courses under the “Refereeing” category. Enroll in and complete this class and save your Certificate of Completion:
- Regional Referee – Online + In-Person Companion Course (2 Part Bundle)
- In-Person Course Sign Up: Go to AYSO U from the Sports Connect “Volunteer” section, click on “Training Event”:
- It may be helpful to narrow the search to classes within 25km of our zip code.
- Click on the “See all events” link on the date of your class
- Scroll down to the Referee that matches your time and location and click the “Enroll” button on the right.
- Send those online class certificates of completion to the Area Referee Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org before the start of the in-person course