Volunteer Registration on “Sports Connect” (f/k/a Blue Sombrero)
AYSO National is moving its volunteer registration system away from eAYSO.org to a system called “Sports Connect”
All AYSO volunteers nationwide (new and returning) are required to register as volunteers on Sports Connect.
If you use the same name and SSN as your eAYSO registration all of your AYSO certifications will move over to the new system.
Here are the steps to Register as an AYSO Volunteer on Sports Connect:
NOTES: (A) Do not use a mobile device, use a computer. (B) If you are using a Mac then use a web browser other than Safari, like Chrome or Firefox. There are reports that Safari does not work.
If you need assistance please call the Sports Connect Support Center at 866-258-3303. Or you can submit a help ticket.
- Go to http://ayso139.org
- Click on “Register Now” in the upper right hand corner
- If you are new to Sports Connect (some people have accounts from other sports) then fill out the information and click “Create Account!”(If have a Blue Sombrero account from last year or another Sports Connect account already then click the “Sign in here” link. Sign in and go to the “Volunteer” section and click “Find Volunteer Roles” in the upper right. Skip to Step 6 below)
- Fill in the information. If you are an Adult registering yourself, under “Select your relationship to your participants” select “Other”. If you are registering your son or daughter as a youth referee then enter the parent’s information here. Complete the form and click “Continue”
- Select the middle choice “I am a team coach or other team personnel”
- On the next page click the “+ Select” button next to this year’s program and then “View Available Positions”
- Then click “Sign Up” next to the role for which you are volunteering. If you are volunteering for multiple roles then just select one of them for now. Then click Continue.
- Click Continue on the next page
- Complete the next form and click “Continue”. If you are signing up your son/daughter as a referee then fill in their information here.
- Click the “Click Here for Volunteer Verification Form” button
- Review the form, select all check boxes, fill out the bottom and submit the form.
- Click “Continue”
- The system will then take you through a background check process. You do not have to pay for this background check, AYSO will make the payment for you.
- You should see a page that shows your AYSO ID number and certifications you’ve received to date. You’re done!